Communications and Technical Administrative Assistant
Position Type: Part-time contract (approximately 15-20 hrs/week)
The National Farm Animal Care Council (NFACC) is looking for an energetic, innovative team player to fill the part-time contract position of Communication and Technical Administrative Assistant.
The successful candidate will work out of their home-based office anywhere in Canada, but be available for limited travel as needed. They are an outgoing self-starter with superior communications (verbal and writing) skills who is highly organized, able to multitask and meet deadlines. In addition this person will be efficient at writing and design (including web design), and have advanced computer skills.
NFACC is the national lead for farm animal care and welfare in Canada. The organization is a collaborative partnership of diverse stakeholders that:
- Facilitates and coordinates a consistent approach to farm animal welfare in Canada,
- Facilitates communication and collaboration among all partners in Canadian agriculture focusing on responsible farm animal care and welfare.
The successful candidate will report to NFACC’s general manager and work with a team of dedicated contractors to reach successful project outcomes, particularly with respect to updates of national Codes of Practice for the care and handling of farm animals. A small amount of contract time will also be directed towards NFACC’s general operations.
- Working with the NFACC general manager and other contractors, create, design and deliver communication materials including media releases, newsletters, project achievements reports, and other promotional materials.
- Manage and update NFACC’s website and YouTube channel.
- Assist in organizing webinars and other events/meetings, including working with selected speakers and service providers (e.g., Agriwebinar).
- Overall responsibility for the public comment period for Codes of Practice including set-up and data sorting/organizing. In this capacity you will work closely with the Code development secretaries to organize data for presentation to the Code Development Committees.
- Preparation of draft Codes of Practice for public comment and final preparations of Codes prior to release including, formatting, graphic design, some proofing/copy editing, organizing translation, request/assign ISBNs, organizing printing/shipping.
- Converting Codes of Practice into HTML for the NFACC website.
- Assisting the contractor team in working with technical resources like GoToMeeting, Survey Monkey, and teleconferencing systems; and identifying new technical resources that will facilitate successful Code of Practice updates.
- Event planning, including coordinating logistics and registrations for various NFACC events and activities.
- General administrative support (e.g., minutes, responding to general inquiries, data management including maintaining an up-to-date mailing list and media tracking, maintain organized and comprehensive files).
Desired Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Advanced software and web-based technology skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, writing HTML, Outlook, Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Dreamweaver and InDesign with some Photoshop experience) and Survey Monkey.
- Excellence in English communications, both written and verbal; fluency in French (written and oral) is an asset but not required.
- Excellent organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to organize multiple tasks and appropriately prioritize activities.
- Experience in logistics and coordination.
- Experience working with people from diverse backgrounds and an ability to work with multiple team members and stakeholders.
- Ability to problem solve and work independently.
Reply to this announcement by email to email@example.com. Applications that do not include all of the requirements listed below will not be considered.
- Cover letter
- Résumé (including references)
- A writing sample that describes what you will bring to this position and why your skill set will benefit the Code of Practice development process.
The position will be open until filled.